Saturday, January 30, 2010

The Strand... The random lies and half-truths that one, non citizen spouts about our lovely town

I have been following lately with great interest the goings on around our quaint little town of Crystal Beach. I stumbled upon a blog that is touted to be about the village and it's citizens. I was quite distressed by the lack of credible information on this wackjob's site. She has admitted to defecating in a planter on out town's stunning new friendship trail and yet seems to think that those of us who would see the town grow and develop into a thriving community are the ones that are out to ruin the town and it's reputation. The following is a response that I set to her that surprisingly enough was not posted and deleted.

As I know that this post will be deleted, I have no problem once again telling you that I think that you need to get a life.You are aware are you not that this is not a real news forum. You have been heard, you don't want a 12 story building in the beach. What you do not realize that it is not about you, the American Summer residents, or the aging population of the beach that will not be here in the next 10 -20 years. What matters is a vital community for those of us that have children here in Crystal beach and Fort Erie and would like there to be a vibrant and clean future for our families. It seems that you will make any disparaging remarks that you can to sway the public into thinking that what you are spewing is not the lies and half-truths that they really are. I have noticed that you targeted the neighbors of the council to try and make it look that your lowly FOCB membership of about 40 maybe 50 people was much larger than it is. When I, doing my own due diligence asked some people why it was they had those signs on their lawns it was very interesting to hear the imaginative responses that I heard. None of which were actual issues that are concerns with this project.I don't like that there is going to be a 12 story condo on the waterfront. That said, I would rather a 12 story condo than our forest land cut down for single family dwellings. I would also rather see that 12 story building than a stupid splash pad . Why on God's green earth would anyone go to the beach...a large natural splash pad to hang out at a concrete one or a park where our kids can hang out and get into trouble. I have seen nothing but a first class beautiful compromise for the problem facing crystal beach. what would you like it to look like to fit into our community? A run down dilapidated crappy cottage? That would make it blend in just perfectly.I find it interesting that you find it easy to spout your venomous remarks here on the Internet where it is easy to hide.. I don't recall seeing you get the nerve to speak for yourself. After watching the council meeting in it's entirety, your reporting on the meeting was less than accurate. The interrogation and debating, not clarification from Ms. Noyes made it clear to me that as a long term council member she has no respect for the office. The obvious campaigning that she was doing did not win any votes from anybody that I have spoken to that watched her theatrics. the only bonus is that we may be finally rid of her in the town... She is very self serving and those of you that think that she is actually in this debate because that is what she thinks is good for the village of Crystal beach and The Town of Fort Erie you are greatly mistaken.. she has consistently on any issue came out to support those who have whined the loudest or longest. A true Politician. Perhaps if you do not want the hypothetical future council to not "give" the condo owners the beach.. which will never happen by the way, you should be on council yourself instead of sitting here behind your computer.Perhaps you can let us know about the good things going on in Crystal Beach or Condemn that cowards that didn't like what Mia had to say and let her know by vandalizing her car. now talk about childish..I am a friend of crystal beach, maybe the FOCB needs to learn what that means.

1 comment:

  1. I don't delete comments on my blog unless they are immoral or offensive to the majority.

    ReplyDelete