Monday, January 11, 2010

So, I have now go to two different knitting social events. First was the sticks and needles guild with the safety of Renna and Tanya....fun, great to just hang out talk knitting and meet some experienced knitters. Last night I made my way down to Coffee Culture in Fort Erie by myself.. a little more adventurous, going by myself. Everyone was nice and got some great ideas for where to get my needles that I need to make my two at at time socks. The other major thing, other than just getting out of my house, I was able to get my first sock (for me and only me!) almost done I will finish the toe today and probably start the other one. I think that the reason that this one got done so fast is the random striping pattern of the yarn I got. I just wanted to see what would come out next. It looks to me like candy. I will try to upload a photo later so that everyone can get a look!

Hubby came home on Saturday night instead of Sunday morning, actually was probably Sunday morning by the time he rolled in but early none the less. He brought with him a surprise! A Snuggie! So I am off to the couch to wrap myself up in my blanket with sleeves, watch the snow come down and finish my sock! Happy knitting!

1 comment:

  1. lmao You're making me look so bad with these enteries, woman! Maybe I'd have been luck changing the point of my "the world through Tanyas' Eyes" to something that moves me more... Ge-e-e wonder what that could be, let alone if anyone would care (wait, who am I kidding with that comment lol )

    You'll have to keep me posted on your progress on knitting two-socks-at-one time. I keep finding myself thinking that it would be so much quicker knitting two socks at one time but, for me, it's the working ends and the balls that mainly do it to me. I think I pretty much have it figured out, despite it just not looking or sounding right as I'm doing it. If there was a container or some small and pratical do-hicky that you can put the two yarn balls in and still work on the long needle and work the socks without the yarn getting twisted, then I'd be all for the techinque.

    You remember that blue pair of socks Renna showed you, the one with a pocket? I believe that one or the orange one you tried on, we unwittingly discovered was self-stripping without us processing the label. ;) lol

    By the way, thank you so VERY much for spelling my name with a "y" not a "i". ;) lmao

    ReplyDelete